2008년 9월 17일 수요일

I lost my uncle

Piece of advice: when looking after your valuables, namely your cell phones or wallets, also check your beloved ones; you might also lose them as well.
In my case, I lost my uncle.
Among the five children, my uncle was the brightest he most outgoing one. He was the only child to have the privilege to attend a college overseas. He had his college education in the United Kingdom, where he learned his thick British accent and habituated in drinking heavily.
For a man like him, it must have been quite a pain to work in “Wonderland,” a small tutoring institute for children. Struggling alphabets with naughty kids was quite not the appropriate picture. Yet he somehow managed to maintain his coolness in front of me, the only male nephew he had.
Among the family clan, He alone indulged in alcohol and cigarettes while all the others were devout Christians. And I was most ardent in trying to remove his disgusting habit by hiding his cigarettes away, but he did not even once cast anger upon me. Instead, he just smiled weakly and promised me not to smoke and drink again. And, of course, such promises always fell into vain.
He died on a rainy day. The drunken man was hit by a drunken car.
So as you can see, sometimes people just slip out of your grasp. The time you feel something strange and look back with a feeling of lack, it is already too late.
They just leave you. They just go away.

댓글 없음: