2008년 9월 8일 월요일

First Week in College

Dear Mom and Dad,
I am so glad that I finally find myself back in school. Guess that after spending ten months practically doing nothing after my high school graduation, my mentality actually switched into a more academic, nerdy one (news that probably would dazzle you guys for a long, long time).
I am currently attending five classes: German 21, English 3, Intro to IR, Intro to Child Development, and a Faculty Seminar on Afro-Brazilian Culture. I am so thankful that I no longer have to take courses on math or science. I do enjoy all my classes. Oh, I probably would have frightened you a little bit when I told you that I decided to take a course on Child Development. I never even imagined that I would make such decision, either. But no regrets. I am thrilled to learn more about children and have a more in-depth viewpoint on their attitudes and behaviors. I think that it became a part of me ever since my teaching experience in Laos. I tried all my best to give a part of myself to the kids. Yet I found some of them still cannot understand the alphabet in the last day of class. It literally tore me into pieces. Now I wish that if another opportunity, as precious as it is, finds me, I will be fully prepared and ready to provide them with what they need.
One more surprise for you. I ended up signing for an audition for a jazz ensemble. I owe you one, mom. If it were not you and your consistent nagging, I wouldn't have been able to learn how to play the harmonica. Now I am more committed than ever to get into that ensemble and learn more about jazz. I guess that I have a clear edge over others, for so far I am the only one auditioning with a harmonica.
Well, that's that. I hope we'll keep in touch. I am completely healthy, so don't worry to much about me.
I give you all my blessing.

Euchan

댓글 없음: